This Web site is not intended for persons under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect information from Web site visitors unless You have indicated that You are above the age of 18 by submitting information to Us. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose via the Internet.
Active Information Collection
In General. We receive and store any information You enter on our Web site. This includes information that can identify You ("personal information"), including Your first and last name, telephone number, postal address and e-mail address. We also may request information about Your age, gender, and medical condition, such as the date of Your diagnosis and medications taken. In the course of requesting this information, we also may ask You to identify Your relationship to a particular disease (e.g., as a diagnosed patient, a friend or relative of such a patient, or as a healthcare provider). You can choose not to provide this or other information through our Web site, but in general, some information about You is required in order for You to register as a member; request to subscribe to a newsletter; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our Web site.
Information from other sources. We also may periodically obtain information about You from other sources and add it to Your account information. Examples of information we may receive includes updated delivery and address information, which we use to correct and update our records; and demographic information, which we use to better understand Your potential purchasing preferences.
Information collected automatically. We automatically collect some information about Your computer when You visit our Web site. For example, we will collect Your IP address, Web browser software (such as Internet Explorer), and referring Web site. We also may collect information about Your online activity within our Web site, such as the pages You visited. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help customize Your user experience.
Information collected by third-party advertising companies. We may allow third-party advertising companies, including ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect anonymous information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties, but they may collect information about where You, or others who are using Your computer, saw and/or clicked on the advertisements they deliver, and possibly associate this information with Your subsequent visits to the advertised websites. They also may combine this information with personal information they collect from You. This allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
Use of Information
Disclosure of Information
- to trusted third-party businesses with which We partner to offer You products and services;
- in connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business of this Web Site to which the information relates;
- in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by applicable laws or government regulations;
- to protect and defend the rights of UCB, this Web site or the users of this Web site;
- under circumstances We believe reasonably necessary to protect the personal safety of users of UCB, Inc.'s products and services, this Web site or the public; or
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we believe You will find of interest.
Access and Correction
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, but that may result in Your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of our website.
- To stop receiving commercial emails from Us in any such message we send or by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy.
- To delete or decline cookies by changing Your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If You do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
- To review and update Your personal information by contacting us at the email address below and, if You have an online account on our website, by logging into that account.
We take reasonable steps to protect Your personal information as You transmit Your information from Your computer to our site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error–free. Therefore, although we take steps to secure Your information, we do not promise, and You should not expect, that Your personal information or other communications will always remain private.
Links to Other Web Sites
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of UCB who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to GlobalWebServices@UCB-group.com.
How to Contact Us